Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012

21日02月2012年

The following have been deduced from Terrangima, Pixiv and Mac OSX in Japanese.

コメント履歴を表示
"Show comment log"
EDIT: It has come to my attention that the words just after コメント mean log or history. This was confirmed with the name of the menu under the Japanese version of Chrome on my Mac that normally replaces "history" or "Verlauf". Of course, I realize this is different from the term "history" in English used to refer to the academic study; it seems English does not make this distinction; Japanese and German do. (Geschichte is the German term for history when used academically; your browser history is just "Verlauf".)

R-18表示
R-18G表示
(view for 18 or older)

Where 表示 is to show. This was also the words used in place of the menu item on Mac OSX for View/Darstellung.

From the Pixiv help page:

推奨ブラウザ

"recommended browsers" (at least I believe those first two characters refer to something to that effect)

Internet Explorer 8 以上
http://www.microsoft.com/japan/windows/products/winfamily/ie/function/default.mspx

"Internet Explorer 8 or up"

Firefox 3.6 以上
http://mozilla.jp/firefox/

"Firefox 3.6 or up"

Google Chrome
http://www.google.com/chrome/

Mac版 Safari 5 以上
http://www.apple.com/jp/safari/

"Mac OS Safari 5 or up" (At least I think it says OS)

So as we can see here, that first symbol before the last one is somehow indicating something along the lines of "at least". Not sure if it can be used with the opposite symbol to mean "at most". Will wait and watch.


"Armor Door"
Combined with a previous screenshot from the previous entry where we learn the word for guardian, とびら - another word for door

Most obvious deduction if I ever saw one. I'm finding the word for strength here doesn't match the stat in the mirror of strength though, or that choice of word for strength in "mirror of strength".

"Saying this, the guardian waved his (right? left? I don't remember) hand!"

I'd like to see more of this construction because I want to know how the participle phrase works. Is it he said this (そう) and the ending (うと) is telling me it's a participle phrase, or is the そう telling me it's the participle phrase?

ふりあげた - Some form of the word for waving

"The guardian's voice sounded out (or echoed? or was heard?)."

The first symbol after the space is voice.
I guess the one after it after が has something to do with sound. I just don't yet know what a passive construction looks like (do they have one?).

Not too sure about this because the last part is giving me trouble, but I think he's basically saying that door is responsible for reviving the continents.

大地 - "large land (mass)" quite literally. So I presume they mean a continent (which is a large land mass anyways).

"Today, the continent of Eurasia was resurrected into the world..."

Well, I suppose if you're using it in a name, then the last two characters before が on the first line might just be a continent. And the first two symbols on the last line is probably world, or world map. I noticed the last symbol in that phrase is the same as one of the symbols for "view" above. Interesting.
The character after the space in the last line probably means to resurrect.

"Well done. Now, enter this door."

(I'm totally going off of completely educated guesses. Just laugh if this is completely silly.) よかろう - "well done", some sort of similar expression
The character just after the last space on the last line I think means to enter. Generally anyways.

"Today, the continent of South America was resurrected into the world..."

南米 - South America

"Ark returned the stare at Cadet!"

Okay, I don't really know if しせん is really cadet, but I think that's how it was translated in the English one.
はね - gaze
かえる - to return. I guess it can be used like this.

"Prevents sleeping from Gardner." (I tried for a more literal interpretation)
ねむる - to sleep
なるみたい - I think some form of this means to either protect against or prevent.

"Good to have reached up to this point." (You've done well to get here, etc. is more idiomatic)

よく - good, well. Probably used more like an adverb.
ここまで - up until this (point). Mostly まで for the until part. It could also be そこまで. Up until that point.

"Medium bulb"
(At least that's what it says in the English one)
The last two symbols are most likely some sort of bulb. The small bulb maintains the exact same structure.

"Life potion"

I think the last symbol means potion, and the first one is probably life. But why doesn't it look like that other symbol in that obvious screenshot? Could they just be synonyms?

"This show is over. Thank you for attending." (something like that?)

これまで - I think they are somehow using this to say the show is over. It's literal meaning is quite different.

I am guessing the first three symbols on the last line are somehow indicating the thanking is for attending.

"Crystal thread"

The last symbol means thread.

"Ark...this thread? Beautiful thread. Crystal thread."

きれい - beautiful

"Ugh...Floor...hurts..."
ゆか - Floor
いたい - (it) hurts

"Weaver's hut"

I think the last character means a building. So a "small building" is a "hut". I guess the first two characters means weaver.

"Keep Ark from harm..." (Not too sure about the first few characters)
I believe the first character on the last line is some sort of verb for protecting or shielding someone or something.

"So please...Don't send Ark far away..."
I think the first symbol of the last line is moving something (the accusative in this case) far away.

"Ark...What's wrong? Can't sleep?
Just another example of the sleep verb.

"The mantel is still being finished. It will be finished tomorrow. Ark, you should get some rest."

できあがったわ - used in this context to mean to finish something.
I think the character after the space on the last line means rest.

"Ark. You wouldn't do that, would you?
> I wouldn't do that
> I don't know (so well)"
Somewhere in there, there's a past tense in there. Somewhere. I just don't quite know what it is yet. Is it the こと on the second line?


"Who said that? I'm going to leave this place?"
This might be an example of a construction with a subordinate clause. Although it doesn't really look like it. I think the って ending indicates it's the subordinate clause verb, and it goes before the main verb (speaking in this case)

"Ark. Did you sleep well?"

Just more examples of the sleep verb and the adjective/adverb good/well.

"Yes, here. Mantel of promises. It protects from attacks." (I think that's what it says.)

たたかう - to fight

"So please shield Ark from harm (and I guess return him safely?)"
I think the first two characters on the second line might be harm, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

"Strength of armor +6
Mantel woven by Elle."

Oh...how embarrassing. So the last post, I said つよさ was supposed to be mirror, but that wouldn't make sense here. Instead, the kanji after the の symbol is the mirror, and つよさ is actually the word for strength! And I guess this verb confirms that the second character in the screenshot above for "Weaver's hut" means weave.
Another thing I noticed. It seems any sentences that are intended to explain something seem to end with "だぜ".
On another note, typing in the hiragana and looking for kanji suggestions results in "強さ", which is exactly the word seen above in the obvious screenshot. It seems to just have been written differently in this case here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen